The Best Butter Brands for The Carnivore Diet
Various brands produce butter that can be used on the Carnivore diet. The following ones are among the bests you can easily find in the market.
- Kerrygold: A popular brand, Kerrygold produces grass-fed butter, which has a rich, creamy flavour.
- Organic Valley: Organic Valley produces different dairy products made from 100% grass-fed cows. They claim to produce certified organic salted and unsalted butter.
- Vital Farms: Vital Farms prioritises ethics and follows sustainable farming methods. It produces salted and unsalted butter with milk from grass-fed cows.
- Anchor: This New Zealand-based dairy company uses grass-fed milk to produce salted and unsalted butter.
- Pure Indian Foods: This brand offers high-quality grass-fed ghee.
The great news is that you can also learn how to make Carnivore Diet Brown Butter Bites. It’s the same as salted, unsalted butter, just heated and turned brown and has a special flavour for this.
Anyway, we have mentioned salted and unsalted a lot all over this article, but one might ask, “Which one is better?” on the Carnivore diet. Let’s scroll to find out.
Salted or Unsalted Butter on The Carnivore Diet: Which One Is Better?
Simply put, the most important point in choosing the best butter for the Carnivore diet is to find grass-fed butter. What makes salted and unsalted butter different is your preferences and goals, as each one comes with some advantages and disadvantages.
- Salted butter contains added salt, as its name suggests, meaning that it can enhance the flavour of food and add iodine to your diet. However, some dieters need limited amounts of salt for health reasons and so on.
- Unsalted butter has no added salt and is, therefore, good for dieters who have to control their salt intake. However, health reasons aside, some people find unsalted butter bland and like the added flavour of salted butter.
What about ghee and peanut butter? Can we also use them on the Carnivore diet? The following sections will help you find out!
Is Ghee Ok on The Carnivore Diet?
Yes, you can freely consume ghee on the Carnivore diet. Actually, Ghee can be a better option than butter as it is a type of clarified butter made by simmering butter and removing the milk solids, creating high-fat butter with a nutty flavour.
Ghee is popular in the Carnivore diet for its low levels of carbohydrates, high levels of healthy fats, and high smoke point.
Just remember that grass-fed ghee without additives is the best kind of ghee you can find for the Carnivore diet.
Is Peanut Butter Ok on The Carnivore Diet?
Actually, no, Carnivore dieters cannot consume peanut butter as peanuts are legumes, which are not animal-based products and, therefore, not allowed on the Carnivore diet.
Also, the added sugars and additives, like hydrogenated oils, don’t let the peanut butter be compatible with the Carnivore diet.
Another question that many ask starting fresh on the Carnivore diet is how much butter they can consume. It depends on some factors, but the following section gives you a general rule.
Learn more: Why a Meat And Fruit Diet Is Toxic? Can You Eat Fruit on Carnivore Diet?
How Much Butter Can I Eat on The Carnivore Diet?
Your individual goals and needs determine how much butter you can consume on the Carnivore diet. However, it's worth noting that butter is a calorie-dense food, and consuming it in excess can have negative health effects.
As a general rule, eating 1-2 tablespoons of butter in every meal is good. But remember to use high-quality grass-fed butter or ghee, and avoid processed butter.
You can also consult a dietitian or health professional to determine the amount of butter you can eat on the Carnivore diet. After setting this amount, it’s time to see how you can eat butter in this diet. The section below will tell you how!
How to Eat Butter on The Carnivore Diet?
You can add butter to your Carnivore diet in many different ways, including the following.
- As Cooking Fat: One way to incorporate butter into your Carnivore diet is to use it as cooking fat to fry, sauté, and roast meat.
- On meat: You can melt butter and drizzle or spread it over meat to increase flavour and moisture.
- As a Topping: Adding butter to meat and fish as a topping can bring a great taste and richness to the flavour.
- In Coffee: You can also add butter to your Carnivore coffee (i.e., black, plain or espresso).
To make this process easier and help you add butter to your Carnivore diet, the following section gives you a free butter-based meal plan, plus some Carnivore diet recipes containing butter.
A Free Butter-Based Meal Plan for The Carnivore Diet
The table below is a free, one-day, butter-based meal plan for the Carnivore diet. Here you can get a free 30-day Carnivore diet meal.
Here are some of the easiest and fastest butter-based Carnivore recipes you can use to make the most delicious Carnivore meals.
Believe it or not, there is a trilemma in the Carnivore diet! Let’s see what it is and how we can solve it.
Age, Butter and Carnivore Diet Trilemma
The trilemma of age, butter, and the Carnivore diet refers to some Carnivore opponents' ideas regarding the possible health issues that may arise in the elderly after using high amounts of saturated fat, like butter.
Science says that ageing results in less efficiency in body metabolism and fat processing, which can lead to cardiovascular disease, high cholesterol, and other health problems.
Consuming high amounts of saturated fat can add to this risk. The thing is that the Carnivore diet does not imply consuming too much fat for a long time.
It’s essential to remember that you need to control your fat/ butter intake in this diet and consult a health specialist before going on any diet, especially if you’re over 40 and have records of heart disease or other health conditions.
Also, the Carnivore diet is not a lifestyle or a long-term diet. Carnivore dieters usually use it for short-term weight loss or other health purposes.
To follow it longer, you need a nutritionist by your side to receive personal recommendations to maximise its benefits and minimise potential risks.
As we read in the article, grass-fed is considered the best butter for the Carnivore diet due to its useful nutrients and lower potentially-harmful substances. Choosing salted, unsalted, brown butter, or even ghee depends on your condition and preferences, but make sure to use high-quality grass-fed butter for maximum effectiveness.