What is ABC diet (ANA BOOT CAMP DIET)?
The ABC diet, also known as the Ana Boot Camp Diet, is a restrictive and extremely dangerous weight loss plan.
It involves consuming a very low-calorie diet, typically around 100-400 calories per day, for a period of several weeks.
The ABC diet is not based on sound scientific principles and can lead to various health problems, including malnutrition, electrolyte imbalances, and organ damage. But if you’re interested in the ABC diet results, we have the ultimate breakdown and an ABC Diet meal plan.
You will see just how unhealthy and restrictive this diet is and should not be recommended as a healthy, sustainable way to lose weight.
How the ABC Diet Works?
The ABC Diet involves 5 distinct phases over 50 days. Typically the calories vary throughout the phases with fasting days incorporated in the program.
We have laid out each phase to help you understand the calore requirement and a (bonus) meal plan to illustrate how to get the most nutrients when consuming minimal calories.
Phase 1 — The First 10 Days
- First 2 days, eat only 500 calories per day
- Day 3 reduce to 300 calories per day
- Day 4, eat 400 calories per day
- Day 5, reduce to 100 calories per day
- Day 6, eat 200 calories per day
- Day 7-9, increase your calories by 100 per day until you slowly reach 500 calories by day 9
- Day 10, No food, fast on this day
Phase 2 — Day 11 to Day 20
- Day 11, eat 150 calories per day
- Day 12, increase this to 200 calories
- Day 13, increase to 400 calories
- Day 14-16, slowly reduce your calories to 350, then 250, then 200 per day.
- Day 17, Fast
- Day 18, eat 200 calories
- Day 19, eat 100 calories
- Day 20, No food, fast on this day
Phase 3 — Day 21 — Day 30
- Day 21 - 25, Start with 300 calories, then reduce it by 50 calories a day until you reach 50 calories on Day 25
- Day 26-27, Eat 100 and 200 calories
- Day 28, Eat 300 calories
- Day 29, Eat 800 calories.
- Day 30, No food, fast on this day
Phase 4 — Day 31 — Day 34
- Day 31 - 33, Start with 250 calories. Then, slowly each by 100 calories each day for the next 2 days.
- Day 34, No food, fast on this day
Phase 5 — Day 35 — Day 50
- Day 35, start with 500 calories
- Day 36 - 42, reduce by 50 calories each day until you hit 200 calories.
- Day 43, eat 200 calories.
- Day 44 - 49, start with 250 calories and reduce it to 200 the following day. Then increased to 300 calories, then reduced to 200 and 150 calories.
- Day 50, the last day no food, just fast.
Learn more: What Is The Best Butter for The Carnivore Diet?