How to Start a Carnivore Diet?
Starting a Carnivore diet is easy, but you need to take all the steps carefully to avoid possible health problems and maximize the results.
Here are the eight easy steps you need to take to start a healthy Carnivore diet. The explanations for each step will follow the list of steps.
- Step 01: Go for a Checkup.
- Step 02: Choose a Type of Carnivore Diet.
- Step 03: Prepare Yourself Mentally.
- Step 04: Prepare a 30-Day Plan.
- Step 05: Make a Food List.
- Step 06: Make Yummy Carnivore-Friendly Foods.
- Step 07: Join a Carnivore Diet Community.
- Step 08: Make a Carnivore-Friendly Environment to Easily Stick to the Diet.
Step 01: Go for a Checkup
The first step before going on a Carnivore diet is to consult a healthcare professional and go for a checkup. The doctor or dietitian will check your health status to make sure going on a Carnivore diet will not negatively impact your situation.
When you get the results and everything is fine, the healthcare professional will give you the green light to continue to the next step.
Step 02: Choose a Type of Carnivore Diet
The Carnivore diet has different versions, including the following:
- Standard Carnivore Diet: Focused only on animal products, such as meat, fish, poultry, eggs, and dairy (if tolerated). No plant-based foods are included.
- Dairy-Inclusive Carnivore Diet: This version of the Carnivore diet can include full-fat milk, cheese, butter, and other dairy items.
- Zero Carb Carnivore Diet: Strictly avoiding carbohydrates, including those found in dairy products. Only animal-based sources of protein and fat
- Ketogenic Carnivore (Ketovore) Diet: A combination of the Carnivore and Ketogenic diets, which includes high-fat, moderate protein and minimized carbohydrates to promote ketosis
- Paleolithic Carnivore Diet: Paleolithic, aka Paleo Carnivore diet, comprises animal products, such as meat, fish, poultry, eggs, and some non-starchy vegetables.
- Fish-Only Carnivore Diet: This version of the Carnivore diet is usually short-term and focuses on different seafood, especially sardines, which is also known as sardine fasting.
Step 03: Prepare Yourself Mentally
Let’s face it, changing your eating habits from carbohydrates to animal products is a big step, and if you’re not mentally ready for it, you may get cold feet or don’t stay loyal to the diet.
To solve this problem, you need to prepare yourself mentally using the following tips. The important point is to break the process into small steps as the more you have to decide, the poorer choices you're likely to make (source).
Set Clear Goals
Decide what you want from the diet and set the exact weight loss or health goals, as it will give you a sense of purpose and motivation you can rely on.
Learn about the rules, benefits, challenges, and potential side effects of the version of the Carnivore diet you want to follow. Ensure you know all about the foods to eat and avoid, restrictions and guidelines to make informed decisions.
Remember that change takes time, and the speed of change depends on many factors, and gradual change is more sustainable. So, be patient and let your body adapt to the new eating style to avoid health problems.
Join the 5MB Community
Join the 5MB Community, as the 5MinuteBody community is the hub for Carnivore dieters to seek support, make friends, ask questions, share experiences, get encouragement, learn more about the diet, and progress as a community.
Pay attention to your body's hunger and fullness cues and the taste, texture, and satisfaction you receive from the meals.
Focus on your progress and maintain a positive mindset to avoid focusing on setbacks and handle challenges successfully.
Keep a detailed record of your progress and celebrate your achievements to increase your confidence and motivation.
Take Professional Courses
Take professionally made courses to get pro guidelines and support.
Step 04: Prepare a 30-Day Plan
The next step to go on a Carnivore diet is to make a 30-day plan. You may face lots of challenges in this step, as you need to know enough about the Carnivore diet to be able to make the 4-week plan.
The good news is that we have you covered, and you don’t need to spend hours crawling the net looking for a suitable 30-day Carnivore diet plan. Let me brief you about this Ultimate 4-Week Fat Loss Course.
It includes 61 lessons over 30 days and helps you program belly fat loss, build lean muscles and improve your health. It also teaches you a simple rule to lose weight quickly, using meal plans, recipes, and more.
This course is detailed enough to help you learn why Carnivore can be a great option for fat loss, what foods you need to eat and how to set portions, how to reduce cravings and remove triggers, how to lose weight quickly, how to create a healthy lifestyle, and more!
Step 05: Make a Food List
After preparing the 30-day plan, you need to make a proper food list to know what exactly you can include in your meals, what you need to avoid, and what foods are up to you to include or not.
Here is all you need to know about the Free Ultimate Carnivore Diet Food List.
Step 06: Make Yummy Carnivore-Friendly Foods
The next step is to make Carnivore-friendly foods based on the food list you have. So, you need Carnivore diet recipes to help you make the foods.
The good thing about these recipes is that they’re all simple and quick, and you don’t need to have cooking experience to make them. Even if it’s your first time around the kitchen, you can make yummy Carnivore-friendly meals.
Step 07: Join a Carnivore Diet Community
One of the main steps that enable us to stay motivated, get encouragement, share experiences, get help and support, and continue the diet is joining a Carnivore diet community.
But how can we choose a proper community that offers all the above? Well, it’s your lucky day as you can join the 5MinuteBody community with different kinds of memberships to get all the mentioned help, plus the possibility to join the challenges and pick up a weight loss lifestyle.
In the 5MB Community, you’ll get various classes with Carnivore experts and physicians, access troubleshooting sessions, be offered a new 4-week challenge every month, and gain guidance (on protein and fat macros) and support from 500 OG Carnivores.
Yes, it’s an all-in-one community to ease you into the Carnivore diet!
Step 08: Make a Carnivore-Friendly Environment to Easily Stick to the Diet
The final step to help you stay a true Carnivore is to get rid of the triggers and create an environment that lets you stick to the diet hassle-free. Here are what you can do to create a Carnivore-supportive environment.
- Remind yourself of your health and fitness goals.
- Create a positive eating environment and enjoy your meals, which is easy thanks to yummy Carnivore foods.
- Get support from coaches, community members, friends, and loved ones.
- Track your positive changes and reward yourself for them.
- Don’t get too hard on yourself in the early stages.
- Make Carnivore friends.
- Use Carnivore-friendly foods for your gatherings.
- Introduce the Carnivore diet, especially its recipes, to your friends. They love them!
Tips to Get Started on The Carnivore Diet
- Drink lots of water and stay hydrated.
- Eat until full.
- Solve your Carnivore diet constipation problem.
- Solve Carnivore diet diarrhea.
- Eat one to three meals a day (based on your appetite and activity).
- Eat at least one meal every day to provide enough energy and nutrients.
- Exercise every day.
- Choose high-quality, grass-fed meat.
- Bring variety to your meals by including different kinds of meat, poultry, and seafood.
- Get Vitamin C on a Carnivore diet using nutrient-dense foods.
- Black coffee with butter can be a good drink.
- An air fryer can be a good cooking utensil.