Dairy-Free Carnivore Ice Cream Recipe
You can make this zero-carb Carnivore-friendly ice cream with heavy cream, egg, and some vanilla. You can also include a Carnivore-friendly artificial sweetener like Allulose or Erythritol. Let’s check out the ingredients and instructions.
- 1 Pint Heavy Cream (high-quality, grass-fed)
- 1 egg or 5 egg yolks
- 1-3 pinches (1/16 to 1/4 tsp) of Sea/Himalayan Salt
- 1 tsp Allulose or Erythritol
- 1 Vanilla Bean or Vanilla Extract (optional)
How To Make It?
- Mix egg, salt, vanilla, and the sweetener in a bowl and whisk thoroughly.
- Add the heavy cream and whisk it well with the egg mixture.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker.
Learn More: Can You Eat Ginger on a Carnivore Diet? Is It Healthy?
Carnivore Ice Cream with Honey Recipe
You know that honey is not allowed on a strict Carnivore diet. But if you’re following a relaxed Carnivore or want to cheat a little bit, you can make this Carnivore ice cream with honey.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup bone marrow (cooked and pureed)
- 1/2 cup beef tallow (room temperature)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
How To Make It?
- Heat the heavy cream in a pan over low heat. Do not boil.
- Add the bone marrow to the cream and stir to mix well.
- Remove from heat and let it cool to room temperature.
- Add beef tallow to the cooled cream and bone marrow mixture. Stir continuously until well blended.
- Add honey gradually and adjust the amount to your liking. Keep the amount of honey as low as possible.
- Add a teaspoon of vanilla extract (optional) to the mixture and mix.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and wait until it’s made.
- Serve the ice cream immediately or freeze for a few hours for a firmer texture.
Learn More: Can I Use Turmeric on a Carnivore Diet? Is It Healthy?
Tips to Make Healthier Carnivore Ice Cream
Using the following ingredients in your Carnivore ice cream recipes can help you make healthier snacks. Let's learn about them.
Try Raw Heavy Cream
Raw heavy cream is generally more beneficial than pasteurized cream. Studies indicate that consuming raw dairy results in 50% lower possibility of developing allergies and 41% lower risk of asthma in children (source). Raw dairy can also protect against various illnesses for having naturally immunizing effects (source).
Raw dairy contains 100% intact proteins, enzymes, and immunoglobulins, and higher levels of levels of vitamin A, E, zinc, calcium, iron, and B vitamins.
Add A2 Heavy Cream
Most dairy products contain A1 casein protein, which breaks down into beta-casomorphin-7 in the body, which is a peptide that can damage the pancreas and set off autoimmune responses throughout the body (source).
However, studies show that A2 dairy causes less digestive discomfort and does not get broken down into BC7 (source).
Carnivore ice cream is a yummy, zero-carb snack for the Carnivore dieters who wish to eat ice cream but don’t want to include dairy or sugar.
When making Carnivore ice cream, you’d better keep the sweeteners at a minimum and focus on Carnivore-friendly ingredients. Also, you can use your creativity and modify the Carnivore ice cream recipes to reach new tastes.